At Avisons we understand that your decision to recover a debt is more often than not determined by the principle that the money is owed and the other party is refusing to pay. We have therefore created a service whereby you can instruct Avisons on a single transaction or for a high volume of collections irrespective of whether the advice you require is pre-legal or during the litigation process.
Our team can provide you with a fixed fee quote depending on what stage we are instructed, the amount you will pay will depend on what stage the debt was recovered.
In a typical transaction you would expect the following work at various stages of the litigation process:
- Pre-litigation stage – This will include writing a letter, telephone debt collection, and providing you with a trace and collect service via a third party agent that we regularly use
- Litigation stage - including County Court proceedings, mediation services, negotiation and advocacy
- Enforcement stage – including applications for attachment of earnings, high court writs, the instruction of a debt collection agency
- Payment agreements including instalment monitoring, chasing defaults and regular instalment assessments
- Insolvency action including bankruptcy, winding up, advice on debtor’s petitions, Individual Voluntary Agreements (IVAs), Company Voluntary Agreements (CVAs) and post insolvency trustee liaison
If you are simply considering your options we are always happy to discuss your matter and provide you with general debt recovery advice including Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims compliance and process review.